Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BackCountry  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 2, 2015 6:04:35 PM(UTC)
BackCountry

Groups: Registered

Just replaced the drain hose on my Bosch SHU5315UC/U12 dishwasher this past weekend. Seemed to not fill properly after reinstall but worked until last night. Woke up this morning after running the dishwasher on timer set to 11:00 pm to it still running showing CL in the LED window and the drain motor making a louder than normal buzzing/vibrating sound. After checking it out I find that the dishwasher is no longer filling with water but simply stuck on a drain pump cycle no matter how I set it. I can open the door in the middle of a cycle and fill the bottom of the dish washer with water and then it runs and washes thru the cycle until the drain cycle starts, the drain pump pumps out the water but does not shut off. The drain pump has a vibration and loud vibrating sound unless I place my hand on it to keep it from vibrating. I checked the drain pump and there is nothing stuck in it. No vibrating humming sound when going thru the cleaning cycles after manually filling the dishwasher with water, only on drain cycle.

I checked the water valve solenoid and it tests at 976 ohms right about the 1000 ohms specked so I don't think that is the problem. If I reach up inside to the pressure chamber, there is a red "shaft" or plunger I can lift up and down. When I lift it up the drain pump stops running and the vibrating hum from it also stops. I am wondering if it could be the pressure chamber/level switch assembly giving me problems, the control panel or is the problem with my drain pump?

Any help in diagnosing the problem would be appreciated.

Erik
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.