Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jrdardano  
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 18, 2015 1:23:21 PM(UTC)
jrdardano

Groups: Registered

Our Kitchen Aid (model KUDE50CXSS0) dishwasher does not drain all the time. At the end of the cycle, there is about 2" of murky, soapy water left in the bottom. In order to get it working again, we remove all the water with a shop vac and start a new cycle. Once the new cycle is started, the water drains, and the cycle runs completely with no water left in the bottom. So it doesn't appear that there is a problem with the plumbing that is causing it not to drain. Also, the filter basket does not appear to be clogged.

It had been draining for several months until recently. We changed from using the pods with dishwasher detergent to liquid detergent (Cascade). The drain problem has been happening with increasing frequency, and there has been residue left in the bottom of the dishwasher.

We have had repairmen out to check it, and the control board has been replaced twice. Unfortunately, it takes several days to schedule a repair visit, and we remove the dirty water before someone comes, and it drains properly by the time they get here.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.