Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
countdown621  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 8, 2015 2:19:58 PM(UTC)
countdown621

Groups: Registered

SO I've got this countertop dishwasher that I used to love but is now just a drying rack. Running the DW results in water pouring out the front and then beepy error messages. I replaced the door gasket, no dice. None of the parts places have the service manual, and Haier says they'll only give one to a 'recognized service department'. Of course when I called the local recommended servicer, they were basically like, that'll be a $150 service call, and no you can't bring this portable dishwasher here. (The thing cost like $220 new.) Here're my questions:

-Do countertop dw have floats/float valves? I can't seem to find one to test.

-I've pried off the back and gotten to the water inlet valve, but it and the solenoid and the drain piece are all connected together in seemingly unremovable ways. How can I take it apart to try to clean the valve, in case it's sticking open? (images at this link)

-I tried testing the solenoid for continuity, and my multimeter did a little bounce-jump to 180 and then went back to one. Is that a good sign? Even if I did want to by a new solenoid, w/o a schematic I can't tell which part I need (there are four parts labeled 'switch'. so helpful.). How can I get ahold of a schematic?

-Is this dumb? Should I just line the tub with soft things and put it out for the raccoons to build a cozy nest?

Thanks for your time.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.