Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dvineyard  
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 20, 2015 6:19:16 PM(UTC)
dvineyard

Groups: Registered

I have a Thermador Dishwasher (DWHD64CP/22) that quit working properly during a cycle. When I opened the door the pump began running, door open, and it did pump out the remaining water. Since then, it has not operated correctly when I try to run it through a cycle and the door open logic continues to be backwards from normal.

It now only lets me choose a program when the door is closed and when I open the door the LED and panel lights go out and the pump runs, not continuously, and no water is ever pumped in although it does seem to attempt to run thru a full cycle. Because of the backwards door behavior, I replaced the door latch and switch. No change.

I'm thinking of replacing the control module but am wondering if anyone has any other thoughts before I go down that $$$ path? All of the control panel buttons and the LED work fine. When I run the diagnostics I get a 188.

Any thoughts on this one?

Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

gerry d  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 22, 2015 3:24:20 AM(UTC)
gerry d

have you tried removing power from the unit and reapplying thus rebooting the control board? Not sure if it will fix it but easy and free step.
dvineyard  
#3 Posted : Monday, June 22, 2015 9:17:38 AM(UTC)
dvineyard

yes, good thought. I tried that early on in the diagnostics process, no change though. I've also made certain all of the wiring going into the module are fully snapped in. I think I'll just try a new module and see if that does it - as long as the seller has a return policy I'm okay if it turns out not to be that part.

Thanks for the reply.
dvineyard  
#4 Posted : Friday, July 3, 2015 12:26:01 PM(UTC)
dvineyard

As suspected, it turned out being the Control Module. Was hoping it would have been a low cost switch, but no luck. Replaced the module and it's back in full force.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply