Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
eschnapp  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 26, 2015 5:43:29 AM(UTC)
eschnapp

Groups: Registered

Hi All

I own a Bosch dishwasher model number shx45p05uc/64 for the past 3 years. Lately it has started to show very low pressure during circulation such that the top spayer arm does not even spin anymore and the bottom one still spins but nothing gets washed.

I initially took the unit out and let it run to ensure the sump fills up to the right level and that the pump was actually running (i could see the fins from the back)... once that was done i took the power off and took a look around the sump and supply lines to see if there is any blockages which there were none...

I then took the sump-circulation pump-heater assembly out as per instruction videos and took a look at the pump motor and impeller assembly and found no blocks or clogs other than a little bit of hard residue between the impeller and motor seal... once i removed the impeller assembly the motor spins free to the touch but makes a very slight humming noise.

At this point i am ready to order a new replacement pump but I read online that this issue can also occur from a bad solenoid inside the heating element which i cannot access or see...

any advice will be greatly appreciated

thanks much!

etay
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.