Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Dobermann  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 11, 2014 5:14:53 PM(UTC)
Dobermann

Groups: Registered

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

This washer has been a lemon. I should toss it, but I can't buy a new washer, so I have to fix it or forget it.

What it's doing:

1. Turns off after a few minutes of running, well within the first 10 minutes.

2. When it does stay running, the top spinner does not turn. I have cleaned out all 3 spinners. I have removed the filter cover and cleaned out the area of the few little bits of chopped up stuff and another build slug. I broke the impeller, so that has been replaced. Water manifold is attached to the inside of the unit. All spinners turn easily and freely. Water does come out of the top spinner, just not enough to make it move.

Field Test mode says "Motor - low current".

1. How do I remove the motor? According to the Service Manual I have, I just remove all parts above it including the impeller, and then I can just simply lift it out? Seriously? It's not bolted in place? It just sets there? Surely it's bolted in somewhere, isn't it? There are no videos that I could find on how to remove the motor. :(

2. Suppose it is now removed and in my hands. I just bought an Ohmn meter. Never used one before, but read here how to use it (for beginners, like me). Please, EXACTLY how and WHERE do I test the motor? Are there any videos or pictures? What should the readings be? Is there a list somewhere that will tell me "if this reading, it's the motor, if that reading, it's the controller, etc"?

3. Does this low current error code have anything to do with power coming into the machine or is it just power as it is being transferred within the machine?

4. I hate this machine. Period. Exclamation mark. :mad:

I will NEVER buy another Maytag dishwasher for as long as I live. It's a total POS with terrible customer service and manufacturing QC procedures. This POS was FULL of manufacturing debris all over the unit, in the spinners, and even to this date, I'm pulling metal slugs from its build out of the filter assembly. Unbelievable.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.