Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wontclean  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2014 6:37:33 AM(UTC)
wontclean

Groups: Registered

Hi, I have a Frigidaire PLD2850RD dishwasher that is not getting the dishes clean. I have cleaned the screens, wash arms, removed the volute cover and cleaned the ball and surrounding area. I have ran through the 8 steps of the diagnostics several times. I replaced the recirculation pump and it may be better but still undissolved soap in the dispenser. How high should the water be after step 1 on the diagnostics?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

wontclean  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2014 3:43:20 PM(UTC)
wontclean

I found the service data sheet which shows the normal cycle water consumption is 6 gallons. The same sheet shows the timing diagram and on the normal setting there should be 5 water fills. That's about 5 quarts per cycle. I put it back in test mode and filled it with water. The water stopped close to the 87 seconds and was about 1/8 inch high on the float. I cycled the water out and manually filled it with 5 quarts. It's very close to the same height on the float. So, my water valve is ok, it heats the water fine, shiny new recirculation pump, and the system is clean. I used cascade complete liquid in the main chamber, citric acid powder in the prewash, and finish rinse aid. The result was decent, and actually cleaned a black plastic ladle free of white stains left from previous wash cycles. However, a pyrex dish that was used to cook eggs was still bad and a cookie sheet used to make enchiladas still had cheese stuck to it. Both were on the bottom rack. We have hard water and for the last year it has been full of white minerals. Before we started using the citric acid, everything was coated with a white residue that was extremely difficult to remove. This washer has never been that great, nothing close to the old whirlpool that we removed. The main control board was replaced twice under warranty and the water pump once.
denman  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 28, 2014 1:38:16 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
I used cascade complete liquid in the main chamber, citric acid powder in the prewash, and finish rinse aid.
Use dishwasher soap during the prewash.
If the citric acid is a necessity then put it into the tub.

I would also use powdered dishwasher soap in spite of all the advertising you see it is still the best.

Check the incoming water temperature it should be at least 120 degrees.

Perhaps the following will be of use to you.
http://www.applianceaid.com/dishwasher-repair-help.php

Take a look at 7, 21 and 17 close to the end of the page.

If everything looks OK and you still have problems you may have to use a longer cycle type.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
wontclean  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 28, 2014 5:02:01 AM(UTC)
wontclean

Ok, I read the points. My water hardness is 23 before the water softener. I did have old powdered soap, and it's in the trash now. I'll have to find a thermometer that will read 120, however, you can't hold your hand under the hot water tap. You stated put the citric acid in the tub. That will be drained out within the first 7-1/2 minutes on the normal cycle. So, how does the prewash bin work? Does the solution placed in the prewash simply start dumping as soon as you close the main door? It looks like the dispenser solenoid fires twice, and I'm not sure why. See attachment.
wontclean attached the following image(s):
dispensers.jpg
denman  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 28, 2014 1:12:51 PM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
[COLOR="Blue"] So, how does the prewash bin work? Does the solution placed in the prewash simply start dumping as soon as you close the main door?[/COLOR]
As far as I know yes. You will see that the cover has open vents in it on the pre-wash side.

I cannot find a wiring diagram for this unit but suspect that the first dispenser open is to dump the wash detergent. The second probably just adds more rinse agent since the detergent would be gone.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply