Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
NickA55  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 16, 2014 8:35:32 AM(UTC)
NickA55

Groups: Registered

I have a no drain issue. I checked the hose and check valve and it's fine. When I hit the cancel button I can hear a hum, but that's it.

I checked the resistance on the drain motor and it was 22.4. According to the tech sheet it's supposed to be 16.3. Do I need to check this when in the drain cycle?

The part # on the motor is 8268460. This is the part that has the coil windings on it. But that's not the actual motor, right?

I'm a little confused as to what I would need to replace.
NickA55 attached the following image(s):
IMAG0044.jpg
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

gerry d  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 16, 2014 12:39:42 PM(UTC)
gerry d

Im not a pro service repair man but the resistance measurement you stated looks pretty darn close to be ok in my mind. Assuming you measured that when it was removed from the machine when you measured it as in the picture.

If you hear humming noise the pump is probably getting the correct power.

My guess is that you have a peice of a broken dish or something stuck in the pump assembly that spins the water out.

Take a close look inside the pump near where the drain hose connects. It might be a no parts required fix.
NickA55  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 16, 2014 5:01:40 PM(UTC)
NickA55

Thanks for the reply Gerry. I checked the resistance again with the part off, and it's open. So now I'm pretty sure this is what's wrong. I did check the outlet and everything was clear. I found the part on Amazon for 30 bucks and it will be here Saturday. Hopefully this does it.
gerry d  
#4 Posted : Friday, October 17, 2014 2:02:53 AM(UTC)
gerry d

I think you have found the problem. Alwas remove power before measuring resistance and isolate the piece your measuring by removing at least one of the wires. Your original measurement was back feeding through the wires and mearuring something else.

Please still check the pump for an obstruction. If there is something in there the new motor will burn up also.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply