Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
maharris  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 15, 2014 5:10:13 PM(UTC)
maharris

Groups: Registered

New to the board and thanks for any help that you may provide.

I have a Kenmore model 665.16374301 and I recently noticed that I was having issues with my Kenmore dishwasher. Replaced a bad chopper assembly, and check valve. I did notice that the new check valve was larger in diameter than the old one. I attributed this to 9 years of swelled rubber. I am going to assume that the new check valve is the suitable diameter to serve it's purpose.

My issue is that I noticed the main pump seems to be running dry after a few minutes of washing. I verified this by opening the door during the wash cycle to see that the sump/basin is dry. I can fill it back up with water from the sink, and it will wash fine for a while, but then it will run dry again. Another side issue is that I notice that the heating element has been energized, because it is hot.

I've read quite a bit about siphoning, but I don't think this is my problem. One thing I did to check for siphoning was to fill the bottom of the dishwasher with water, and let it set. after a few hours, I still have all of the water. If siphoning, I'd assume it should be gone.

I have a suspicion that the control board or possibly the temperature sensor could be causing issues with the wash sequence.

Here are the questions that I have:
1. I've read about a turbidity sensor in some models. Is the soil sensing in this model achieved by the temperature sensor?

2. Can I bypass this sensor for a "safe-mode"?

3. Am I on the correct path thinking control board or temperature sensor?

Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.