Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
suzimack1  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 25, 2009 12:55:32 PM(UTC)
suzimack1

Groups: Registered

I have the spray arm & a square bracket that snaps onto the center of the upper rack. Part of the arm has threads on it, but won't screw into the bracket! I do not see any other loose paarts in the tub. Anyone know how this arm ATTACHES??? Please help! Dirty glasses are multiplying!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

monicaw88  
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 1, 2009 7:53:42 AM(UTC)
monicaw88

Hello. The exact same thing has happened to me today, only I have a Whirlpool dishwasher. Have you fixed yours? If so, how did you? I have searched for a manual all over the internet, but I can't seem to find one. I think the model I have is too old. Please reply. Monica.:D
suzimack1  
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 1, 2009 9:38:40 AM(UTC)
suzimack1

Originally Posted by: monicaw88 Go to Quoted Post
Hello. The exact same thing has happened to me today, only I have a Whirlpool dishwasher. Have you fixed yours? If so, how did you? I have searched for a manual all over the internet, but I can't seem to find one. I think the model I have is too old. Please reply. Monica.:D

Well, I SORTA fixed it...I was able to re-attach the arm by looking at a diagram of the parts that the parts supplier provided on website & climbing into the appliance with a strong flashlite.
There is a funnel-shaped part right in the middle of the top rack...on the side where you load dirty dishes. it has 2 latches that hold it to the cyllandrical part just below it. When I pulled apart the latches enuf to detach the upper & lower pieces, there was a nylon "nut" about 1 1/4" in diameter just lying loosely on top of the bottom cylander. I held the arm up from below the rack, & screwed the nylon nut onto the top of the detached arm, & it held it in place! : )
Thought I was finished, & ran a load of dishes, which looked clean.
But, the NEXT load looked streaked & the detergent cup still had a smear of Casade Complete gel left in it, even tho the wash cycle had completed.
I started the wash cycle again, noting the position of the upper arm. When I opened the door again in a minute, I saw that the arm had NOT moved at all! : ( I checked a few times, but no luck, even after checking to be sure the nut was still holding the arm in place, & that the arm could stil move around freely. Now I think I will have to pull the whole washer out & look for a detached internal hose or clamp. (The upper arm is propelled by a stream of water that comes up from the bottom of the dishwasher by way of a tube. As the water flows into the upper arm, the water force causes it to turn & spray the soapy water out of the port-holes on top & bottom of the arm.)
It helped to have the parts list & diagram of roughly where they all go, but my manual was useless.

I hope this helps you.

Please let me know if there is a better blog that helps more, & if you also have the problem of the arm not moving or getting water to it. If u do, & find the problem, please let me know asap.. I think it is just not getting water to it...ammabout to have to wash dishes by hand!

I still wonder WHY the arm fell off to begin with, but surmise the lack of water flow explains why the gel was not fully washed out of the detergent cup on the door and the streaks on the glasses and slverware.
Good luck!
Sue in Orlando
407 896-8666
CarrieK  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 11:41:04 AM(UTC)
CarrieK

I just had this happen today, but this is the only the 2nd time it has happened in five years, so I had to figure it out again. The arm attaches onto the upper rack from the underneath. The little spray holes face up and the long tube thing leads toward the back. Snap the tube onto the upper rack in two spots. The back snaps on the last rung of the upper rack. The tube will make contact with the circular hole you will see on the back panel of the dishwasher toward the center when the rack is shoved back into position. I hope this makes sense as I don't have the technical terms.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply