Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rdoullrich  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 25, 2009 8:40:10 AM(UTC)
rdoullrich

Groups: Registered

I hope someone picks up this thread. I am thinking of just getting a new dw but would hate to throw this one out if it has an easy fix. I worked on it again this morning and didn’t get too far. Couldn’t find a disassembly manual for this GE Triton XL SSD4900J01WW unit online. Noticed that part 586, that connects the main conduit to the upper tray spray arm, has an empty groove right behind the first clear o-ring. Is it possible that it’s missing an o-ring here, to be able to seal the water flow to the spray arm? I am about to give up….

Well, i guess there was no interest in this replying to this earlier post. I have the model number now. SSD4900J01WW. I read similar posts and suggested solutions. Still not sure where to start. Apparently i need to check if chopper assembly is clogged? hopefully someone will pick up this thread and send me some suggestions...

This is what I posted originally....

Noticed that DW is not cleaning upper tray well. Sometimes un-used soap still in soap dispenser..Contacted GE and they mentioned probably not enough water pressure. Checked conections, oppened all valves to the max. piping is the ususal new construction pvc (1/2 inch feeder i gues?) and those lightweight valves? where do i start trouble shooting?
thanks
R
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.