Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
pjs826  
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2008 7:00:29 AM(UTC)
pjs826

Groups: Registered

I have a Maytag dishwasher, it's about ten ten years old. Last year, I noticed the Rinse Aid was leaking down the door into the tub of the dishwasher. The reservoir wasn't overfilled and the cap seemed fine. I replaced the anyway. It still leaked.
I removed the inside door panel and found the rinse air reservoir had been leaking all over the wiring. I replaced the reservoir, wax motor, reservoir door o-ring and plunger, along with another new cap. I also cleaned the rinse aid off all the wiring. It was fine, then the safety recall came out. I debated on having it done, because I'd already replaced the components and cleaned off the wiring.
Because it was safety related, I ended up having the recall performed this past November. The inside door panel, wiring and reservoir were replaced. The Rinse Aid started leaking down the door again.

The repair company came out and looked at it. He ordered a reservoir o-ring and said I could put it in. I could put it in, but it won't fix the leak. The Rinse Aid is leaking out of the cap area.
They came out a second time. The repair tech looked at it and was stumped. He told me he worked foir Maytag before he worked for this company and he'd never seen this leak. So he ordered the same parts, that I replaced 10 months earlier.
The third time out, the first repair tech installed the ordered reservoir, o-ring, cap and wax motor-no plunger. It still leaks.

I'm ready to fix it myself again(with a little guidance), but I'm wondering if my timer could be at fault.
It works in every other aspect, but could the timer be holding the wax motor open?
Does anyone have a schematic?
How would I go about testing the circuit from the timer to the wax motor?
Does any of this sound reasonable, or am I attacking it the wrong way?
Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.