Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
colorado_hick  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 11, 2014 2:48:37 PM(UTC)
colorado_hick

Groups: Registered

I have a dishwasher that is not heating water (gets stuck on last minute). I have tested that there is 115 VAC coming on the heater leg from the control board (eliminating the control board heater relay bad fuse connection problem that seems to common on line). I have 9 ohms resistance across the heater element, and when I run the dishwasher with the side off I get 115 VAC all the way to the pressure switch that is right before the heater element (e5 on the attached diagram). I did have the water supply turned on. Also the pressure switch has open continuity, regardless of if the water line is turned on.

I do not know much about it but it is my understanding that this pressure switch is there to keep the heater element from coming on when there is not any water pressure, so it is not running dry. Is that correct? Will the pressure switch turn on with just the pressure of the water line or does it need the internal pump to be running as well? Do these pressure switches go bad?

Also does anyone have a SHE troubleshooting manual? I saw the bosch one in the sticky threads but it does not cover my model.

thanks in advance!

UserPostedImage
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.