Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
donfink  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 10, 2014 5:09:38 AM(UTC)
donfink

Groups: Registered

When my dishwasher is filling, it tends to leak water from the left side (my left as I'm facing the unit). It's not coming from the valve below, but rather from the point where it enters the washer above.

This only occurs when the supply valve is opened all the way. When I turn the supply valve down to almost closed, the leaking stops. Of course, there's a really fine line between having the supply valve open enough to get enough water to wash, and low enough to stop the leaking.

I've pulled the washer from the cabinet and inspected the anti-siphon looking device where the filling hose connects to the washer and can't see anything unusual. Of course, I don't know what it's supposed to look like in the first place. While I had the unit out, I did verify that the leak was coming from that point.

For all I know, this is normal behavior for this washer. I didn't do the initial installation so I don't know the position of the supply valve when it was installed by the plumbers. I discovered the leak only after I opened the house up from being winterized and opened the valve up all the way.

Any thoughts about this problem would be appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.