Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Hard_Hat  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 16, 2014 8:48:26 AM(UTC)
Hard_Hat

Groups: Registered

Our Whirlpool dishwasher stopped while running a cycle and now has no power. I did some research and did all the things I found to check. The thermal fuse is good. The problem was the plug/connection from the door handle, which has a black wire if that matters, was burned. I replaced the end, but I still have no power. I'm not sure what to check next. None of the other wires look damaged and everything is connected as it should be. I'll try and find the exact model number when I get home.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

AllAroundAppliance  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 16, 2014 3:09:09 PM(UTC)
AllAroundAppliance

Groups: Registered

Hi,

Check the small micro switch that the black wire connects to? The micro switch could be bad. You can check for voltage on both sides of the switch.

The most common issue on these is the thermal fuse that clips to the control board. If that checks good, make sure the junction box down below has power and that the wire nuts are not burnt.

If you have power at the junction box and to and out of the door switch, check for power to the control board. Most likely though the door switch is the culprit.

Appliance Repair Portland
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply