Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
speed-racer  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 21, 2014 9:09:20 PM(UTC)
speed-racer

Groups: Registered

Hello,

Our 6 year old bosch dishwasher had the control module relay fry( K1 relay-smoked/burned the old board ). Just before this happened, it would stay on the last min of the counter for a while.

1. Replaced the Control module and the circulation pump does not come on. It just fills with water and drains a little, kinda pulses with water in and draining. When you cancel the cycle it drains fine. Would say you could smell an electric burning type odor when this was first installed, but that could be from the old board. The old board seemed to get very hot when the relay burned.

2. Replaced the Circulation pump with a brand new one and it does the same thing!! I tried adding a couple cups of hot water when it was filled with water to see if the increased water level would cause the circulation pump to come on, but no changes. The old motor seemed to be fine, no play in the bearings or impeller.

It should be repairable and I would hate to throw this away for a simple fix. Ideas to troubleshoot this would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.