Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Pinebear  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 7, 2014 6:56:03 AM(UTC)
Pinebear

Groups: Registered

We have a Bosch SHY66C05UC / 14 dishwasher. After replacing the circulation pump about three years ago we switched from liquid detergent to the dry detergent pouches as a result of what we read in this forum.

Recently my wife has been complaining that she is finding the remnants of detergent pouches not completely dissolved. She has shown me several of these which turn into congealed masses, but by the time I have seen them I didn't know the exact condition in which she had found the remnants because she had already removed them.

Reading this forum I began to think that the latching mechanism on the dispenser had malfunctioned and I would need replace the entire dispenser sub-assembly.

Before bed last night we ran another load and I told her I would check it out, which I did this morning. Here's what I found.

It appears that the latching mechanism is working, in that the detergent cup had been released. However, there was still the congealed, partial remains of the pouch and detergent, in the cup, which were also stuck to the lid that slides over the top of the cup. Additionally the lid had only partially slid off the cup.

Is it possible that somehow water is getting into the cup and beginning to dissolve the pouch before the point in the cycle when the latch releases the cup and by then has stuck to the lid, preventing the lid from sliding completely off the cup?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

jonjonbear  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 19, 2014 8:31:45 AM(UTC)
jonjonbear

I'm having the same issue with the same model and thinking my dispenser is haywire. I just posted here today. When your dispenser pops open, does the little container pop out too? In reading the manual it tells me that if I want to release the dispenser so I can fill it with the door upright, to push the blue button but my entire thing hinges out every time it opens so I am thinking that because it's angled up 45 degrees the water is not hitting it right. Does yours do this, or stay flat inside the door when the lid opens?
Pinebear  
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 20, 2014 10:40:07 AM(UTC)
Pinebear

Originally Posted by: jonjonbear Go to Quoted Post
.....When your dispenser pops open, does the little container pop out too?.... Does yours do this, or stay flat inside the door when the lid opens?

The container on ours also pops up.

Instead of using the pouch, we tried just straight granulated detergent. It also caked up and was still there after the cycle. This then began making me think that there might be something wrong with the circulation pump in that it appeared there wasn't enough spray hitting the dispenser. The upper spray arm is just about the same height as the dispenser. I removed the arm and poked all the holes with a toothpick, including the ones on the end which presumably spray directly into the dispenser. Though I didn't detect any blockages, I must have dislodged something since the dishwasher seems to again be working fine with either granulated or pouches. Go figure.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply