Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kaosj  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 4, 2014 5:16:25 PM(UTC)
kaosj

Groups: Registered

Hello, I have Whirlpool Quiet Partner II. A month ago, after no problems at all, it suddenly went bad. It would start filling with water and shut off after about 30 seconds/1 minute. I replaced the water valve, W10195049 and it initially worked ok for a few times. Then it went back to start filling and shutting off after about 30 seconds/1 minute. I found I could hit start again and it would then finish the entire dishwashing cycle. Then it got better and worked fine for about two weeks. Then it went to where it would flash the lights - washing, drying, clean about 30 seconds apart. The dishwasher didn't even try to fill or spin, or do anything other than flash lights. I found the reset code on this forum, Normal, heated dry, normal, heated dry within 6 seconds and the dishwasher went into a new state where it seemed to work. It did make more noise than usual and when my wife unloaded the dishes this evening she found the soap packet at the bottom of the machine - it never filled with water, yet went through the whole washing cycle normally. What a piece of crap this whirlpool is - only 3 years old.

So is it worth fixing or do I go get another dishwasher? Thanks for any advice or insights.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.