Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Foofer  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 3, 2014 10:13:05 AM(UTC)
Foofer

Groups: Registered

Hi there. I have a 1.5 year old Frigidaire dishwasher that did not drain during the last cycle. When I clicked the start/cancel button to try to get it to drain nothing happened. No motor sound, water did not drain or fill. I removed the "arm" and screen at the bottom and there was a lot of gook inside and also my kitchen sink was clogged, which is a common occurrence in this house. I thought maybe my sink could have backed up and caused a clog but nothing I did worked. So, I called a repair man. He said that the motor and valve do not register on his meter so they must be burnt out. The power going to both of them is 120 v. So he said both of those parts need to be replaced. I would like to know if that sounds correct. Seems strange that both parts would go at the same time. It's going to be a pricey repair and I have to pay for parts up front. Any help is appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Foofer  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 7, 2014 1:45:35 PM(UTC)
Foofer

Groups: Registered

Just wanted to post an update in case anyone else was having this issue. I did the service test by pressing start and high temp wash. None of the functions worked. I figured if it was the pump and water valve as the repair man suggested that the dry cycle would work, but it did not. So I figured it would have to be something with the computer not sending a correct signal since nothing was working. So I removed the control panel cover and sprayed it all out with an air canister. Then I made sure all the plugs were tight, one of them was a little loose and snapped into place. I started the washer and it worked like a charm. So it was either the loose plug or the contacts being dirty. Also want to note that nothing looked wrong with the digital display. The washer counted down as usual and also went through all the steps in the cycle. Hope this will help someone in the future.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply