Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
beccalou  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 27, 2014 8:16:32 AM(UTC)
beccalou

Groups: Registered

I have a Bosch dishwasher that is almost 8 years old. Just recently (like the last 2-3 times) it makes a terrible motor sound when i run it. It also seems like it's getting louder with each subsequent run, and it's a noise that runs almost the entire time the dishwasher is on (it stops when i hear water running/draining). There aren't any obvious problems that i can see looking inside (took out the drain pieces at the bottom and there's no clog and no more than a 1/2 inch of water way down in the drain hole). Any idea what this could be? I assume it's not the water shut off, because of the fact that the noise stops when it is filling and draining (as far as i can tell). I thought i might go buy some dishwasher cleaner today to run through it. Probably won't do anything, but it's never been cleaned the whole time we've had it, so it can't hurt can it? Called a repair guy and he wants $50 to come out and $25 every 15 minutes for his time. Ugh. I can't afford this right now!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.