Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kennytdri  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2014 5:17:01 PM(UTC)
kennytdri

Groups: Registered

The cycle time of my GE Adora QuietPower 3 (GHDA670N00BB) has gradually increased while the cleaning performance has decreased. The Speed Cycle (without added heat or heated dry) is 64 minutes, up from 47 minutes a couple of years ago. Yesterday, a relatively small load of dishes were left covered in detergent. After thoroughly cleaning the machine, I found that it barely fills to the bottom of the float tower (well below the heating element). I replaced my whole-house water filter cartridge and saw no improvement. To verify adequate water supply, I filled the tub directly from the flexible supply line. It took under 40 seconds to reach half way up the float tower. I then removed and cleaned the fill valve and strainer with no improvement. Finally, I used a used a non-contact voltage tester on the solenoid valve and found that it stays energized for just 43-45 seconds. I have read elsewhere on this forum that the fill time for other GE models is 70 seconds. Am I correct in assuming the same is true for this model? If so, does that indicate that the main circuit board needs replacing? Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

festeraddams  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2014 7:06:43 PM(UTC)
festeraddams

Is your dishwaser drain thru the floor?

Dont use gel detergent as it doesnt disolve well and clogs stuff up.

I would probably change the water valve....
kennytdri  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2014 3:16:59 AM(UTC)
kennytdri

I use gel detergent, but the machine has no problem emptying quickly and completely through the drain of the adjacent kitchen. There is no build-up anywhere in the machine. The problem is that the machine under-fills on all cycles. The water level is nearly an inch below the heating element. There is adequate supply, so the problem is either the fill valve ($40) or the controller board ($200). The machine is 9+ years old, so I won't be replacing random parts on a hunch.

As I wrote in my original post, the fill valve opens for roughly 45 seconds. Can someone tell me if that is the correct duration? If 45 seconds is too short, as other threads here suggest, does it mean that the controller board needs to be replaced?
kennytdri  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2014 3:17:00 AM(UTC)
kennytdri

I use gel detergent, but the machine has no problem emptying quickly and completely through the drain of the adjacent kitchen. There is no build-up anywhere in the machine. The problem is that the machine under-fills on all cycles. The water level is nearly an inch below the heating element. There is adequate supply, so the problem is either the fill valve ($40) or the controller board ($200). The machine is 9+ years old, so I won't be replacing random parts on a hunch.

As I wrote in my original post, the fill valve opens for roughly 45 seconds. Can someone tell me if that is the correct duration? If 45 seconds is too short, as other threads here suggest, does it mean that the controller board needs to be replaced?
festeraddams  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, February 26, 2014 4:59:58 PM(UTC)
festeraddams

Water wont come to the heater, There should be a tech sheet under the machine that will usually give you a cycle chart, 45 seconds sounds close.....
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply