Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
frankmowthelawn  
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 23, 2014 3:06:26 PM(UTC)
frankmowthelawn

Groups: Registered

My GE Dishwasher washed dishes great till a few months ago. The washer fills with water but will not circulate. I removed the lower panel and turned the motor clockwise with an insulated tool and it started right up and ran through the cycles without a problem. Lately the motor has to be bump-started a couple of times during each cycle.

I'm thinking I need a circulation pump. Is this correct or are there other things I need to examine first?

Thanks,
FMTL
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

festeraddams  
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 23, 2014 5:18:26 PM(UTC)
festeraddams

What voltage do you have at the pump?

Sounds like you may need a motor... any signs of leakage from the middle of the pump assembly? I assume this has a separate drain pump instead of the typical GE gate valve (drains from right rear instead of Left Mid.) Figure 310 would be correct if there was a drain solenoid on the front side of the pump, drains from Left hand side.
frankmowthelawn  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2014 4:36:05 AM(UTC)
frankmowthelawn

Thanks for the reply.

I have not pulled the dishwasher out of the cabinet and do not know if there is a separate drain pump. Where would I find figure 310? All I have seen are the exploded diagrams and they all show the pump and motor as a single unit. No motor is listed separately in parts, just the assembly.
festeraddams  
#4 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2014 4:42:48 PM(UTC)
festeraddams

Doesnt look like they sell the motor separate, I prefer to install the whole mechanism (#310) But it doesnt look like it may match what you have....
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply