Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cybersaint2k  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 10, 2014 5:21:36 PM(UTC)
cybersaint2k

Groups: Registered

Hi folks.

My Maytag dishwasher is on it's 3rd control board. I'm familiar with installation and cleaning and dialectric grease and such to try and sustain the life of it.

Now I have a different sort of problem that may be the same problem. I have no lights whatsoever.

It died at the end of a cycle and left water standing in the bottom of it.

I tested all the wiring, it's getting juice.

If this was a computer, I'd jerk out the power supply and put a new one in. But I can't find one.

I reseated all the connections on the harness and checked for burned or damaged wires.It was all good.

I haven't actually reattached power and retested all wiring, but I think it's the control board again. I'm not going to buy a new one; this will be the end of the 100 control boards for this model.

Is there a power supply that I can test/replace? Or something other than the #*#()@%! control panel again?

Thanks!

Robert
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

cybersaint2k  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 11, 2014 7:13:45 AM(UTC)
cybersaint2k

Help. At least recommend a new sub-500 replacement.

Robert
denman  
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 3:04:21 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Parts for Maytag MDB7609AWB2 Dishwasher - AppliancePartsPros.com

Below is a link to the tech sheet.
It was too big to upload to this site so I had to use a third party site.
Un-check the use are download manager as that may install software on your computer that you do not want.
Then use the grey download button.
Download MDB7609.pdf

As you can see there is no separate power supply for the unit.

Did you check the thermal fuse (item 6 in section 02)?
Also if you have replaced this in the past then did you use the new harness that comes with the fuse. It is important that this is also replaced/used.

As to blowing control boards.
Is the unit on it's own line.
Often since it is convenient units are installed on the same line as the garburator/garbage disposal or a trash compactor. This is not a good idea.
If not then there may be voltage spikes on the line which is taking out your boards.

If this is your situation I would recommend either intalling a new line from the breaker box or the following.
Hard wire in a receptacle box.
Then buy an appliance surge protector and plug that into the receptacle.
Install a line cord on the dishwasher and then plug that into the surge protector.

Sorry but I do not recommend appliances.
I know that if I did it would blow up two days after the warranty expired.

I am off to the lake for a few days so will be unavailable which is why I did not reply to your post earlier but with luck the above will be useful to you.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
jimpithecus  
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 17, 2014 5:34:41 PM(UTC)
jimpithecus

We had a similar problem. We replaced the keypad and then four days later, no lights, no power, standing water. A repair man came out and told us that both the thermal fuse and control board were bad and needed to be replaced. He said that if we were to just replace the fuse, it would continue to blow because of the bad control board. We did a diagnostic on the board and it seemed fine. We elected to replace the fuse by itself and the guy who helped, who is an electrical engineer, did not see how there is a relationship between the fuse and the control board and that the repair guy was trying to bad the bill. A parts place told us that, rather than replace the control board, he would start with the fuse and go from there. That is what we did and now the dishwasher seems to be working fine.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply