Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Nanafu  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2014 4:46:10 AM(UTC)
Nanafu

Groups: Registered

I have a 17 month old Kenmore Elite dishwasher. It cleans the dishes great and is super quiet. Last night, when I turned it on, water came pouring out from underneath. I mopped it up, removed the kickplate, and watched as I turned it on again. Same thing. I don't know what the parts are, but as soon as it began to fill, all the water ran out the bottom. I mopped it up again, and this time just tried pouring a bowl of water into the dishwasher. Same thing--it all ran straight through. I mopped it up and put a fan on to dry the underside overnight. This morning, the control panel is still functional and looks normal. Of course, I'm not starting it up!
Any ideas on what the problem is? Is this going to be a costly repair? We paid $850 (on sale!!) for the dishwasher--most expensive one I've had. :-( Any help would be appreciated!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2014 1:27:19 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Your model number is incomplete.
Sears/Kenmore numbers are usually 3 numbers, a period and then an additional 8 numbers.

You have to find the leak location.
A mirror and a flashlight are useful when doing this.
A mechanics mirror is ideal. It is like a dentist's mirror just larger.
If you do not have one then a small mirror taped at an angle to a dowel will do the job.

It could be something as simple as a loose clamp.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
oldtrail  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 29, 2014 6:07:04 PM(UTC)
oldtrail

Groups: Registered

agree with other post, factory normally test, something had to come loose. was box damaged in any way when you bought and brought home. Did anyone drop the unit in any way. normally factory test leaves a little water in the pump, did you leave in cold weather where it could have frozen pump and cracked, just trying to think of everything. Good luck.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply