Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sergio1000  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 4, 2014 4:46:03 PM(UTC)
sergio1000

Groups: Registered

Hello:

Strange leak into base of the bosch washer. Isolated the leak to where the intake manifold goes into the float chamber. There is no o-ring or anything at this point and water intermittently just overflows a bit when the washer hits a fill point. No clue why. Check to see if level and no success. In diagram below where 433 drains into 426.

UserPostedImage

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

mdaehnick  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2014 8:01:11 AM(UTC)
mdaehnick

I have what appears to be the same problem on my Bosch DW.... SLow drip from somewhere up in the manifold directly under the float....starts slow but can sometimes drip faster... no idea what is causing this as DW drains and functions normally otherwise.

Hope some pro can weigh in here on the cause!
sergio1000  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2014 9:18:29 AM(UTC)
sergio1000

Found solution on another site. Tried to post previously but would not let me. Basically the issue was caused by the water inlet valve being partially clogged or failing mechanically. Was a very easy replacement and cost $30. Did not even have to pull the dishwasher out.

Was counter intuitive as usually you would think too much pressure causes the leak as opposed to not enough. Clue was the water in the base was clean and never dirty.

Hope this helps.
mdaehnick  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 29, 2014 8:14:01 AM(UTC)
mdaehnick

I may have to try that, but do you know how a faulty inlet valve creates a leak under the float switch? They don't seem like they would be connected and are not even that near eachother (on my model anyway)...?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply