Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jlobb2  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2013 2:40:46 AM(UTC)
jlobb2

Groups: Registered

So I have this friend...his dishwasher is about 8 years old I'm guessing. A couple months ago the discharge hose sprung a leak and was replaced from the dishwasher to the sink drain. The leak/hole was caused by the hose rotting away apparently from age. Anyways, the replacement hose was routed the same way with a high loop before going into a Y drain(above the trap).

Well, his wife keeps complaining about the standing water in the bottom of the dishwasher. She's been complaining about it since it was first installed so it's not a recent issue but rather long term. He's not too familiar with how dishwashers operate so he thought that it was just normal to have some water make its way back from the slope/length of the hose. When I look inside the dishwasher, there is at least an inch of water standing at the bottom. When running a cycle, water does exit into the sink drain, but there is a lot left over inside the dishwasher.

I don't have a manual for this dishwasher, maybe he can find the owner's manual, but I don't know if that would help much in this situation. Since this is long term problem and the discharge hose was just replaced (ruling out a clog past the dw) is there anything I can check internally or underneath this unit?

Thanks in advance for any help
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.