Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dennis728  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 24, 2013 4:26:15 PM(UTC)
dennis728

Groups: Registered

I have an Amana dishwasher that does not drain completely. It seems to go through all the cycles but at the end there is water sitting in the bottom of the unit. It is high enough that it leaks out the door a bit.
Would this be a timing on the drain (control board) or possibly a partially blocked drain hose? Is there a drain filter that might be clogged?
I am open to any suggestions at this point and any information is greatly appreciated!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

mojuave  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 25, 2013 6:05:24 AM(UTC)
mojuave

Im not sure about your exact model and how to access it but there is a catch basin and the grinder blades that most likely have become cluttered with debris. Once this happens the washer will operate properly but will not drain fully and even smell fishy. Home Improvements & Maintenance : How to Fix a Dishwasher That Will Not Drain - YouTube is an idea
dennis728  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 25, 2013 5:07:19 PM(UTC)
dennis728

Thanks for the info. After disconnecting the drain tube I noticed that very little if any water was being pumped out. I did remove the bottom plastic housing over the the pump and blades and did find it clogged with debris. After a very good cleaning it drained quickly and everything seemed to work as designed. It was a fairly easy fix once you know how to take everything apart and put it back together. The only tool I really used was a hex wrench set.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply