Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
natek  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2013 8:28:42 AM(UTC)
natek

Groups: Registered

I took apart the base of the sprayer from the inside of my dishwasher thinking I may find a clog but I found nothing. My dishwasher stopped working. I open it up during wash cycles and noticed the arms never spin... none of them. I figured this is due to lack of water pressure meaning there is a build up somewhere but I have no idea how to get to anything else or even what I should be looking for - a filter perhaps? Please - any assistance will be fantastic.

Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Appliance Ninja  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2013 8:33:03 AM(UTC)
Appliance Ninja

Number 508 in the diagram below is likely plugged. The water has to pass through that filter to be recirculated. It is accessed from inside after the number 506 coarse filter has been removed. That filter is pretty small mesh and gets plugged easily. Let me know what you find.
Appliance Ninja attached the following image(s):
APP1.jpg
natek  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 19, 2013 6:20:55 AM(UTC)
natek

Well I did what you suggested and it appears the bottom and the top arms are now spinning which is awesome!

The middle one still is not however. Perhaps it was something I did when I disassembled the interior base but I would think that would affect both the middle and the top arms since thats where the water travels. Any suggestions on that?

Thanks again for the help - fantastic work!
Appliance Ninja  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 19, 2013 6:26:24 AM(UTC)
Appliance Ninja

I am glad you got it going, nice work! If the top arm is spinning, the water pressure is getting up the feed tube on the back of the tub, so it has to be something with the feed tube on the upper rack or the middle arm is actually moving but you are just not seeing it. Can you see any issues with the feed tube on the rack that meshes with the tube in the back, like holes or alignment trouble?
natek  
#5 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2014 7:06:18 AM(UTC)
natek

So it seemed to be that the Fine Filter needed to be replaced due to us having hard water - so they say. It seems to be working better now. Just wanted to post this for anyone else with similar issues.

Thanks.
festeraddams  
#6 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2014 4:38:09 PM(UTC)
festeraddams

Make shure with hard water that you are using a cleaning product very regularly like Dishwasher Magic or Lemmi Shine Powder Granules, the Magic you run by itself to clean the unit, the LemmiShine you add with your detergent.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply