Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gary Richardson  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2013 9:29:06 AM(UTC)
Gary Richardson

Groups: Registered

I have a Sears Kenmore dishwasher, S/N FE3908632, model 665.1664993, that hasn't been used in many years. I understand that if used now it would probably leak because the seals have dried out. Is it possible to replace the seals? Would there likely be other items that would need to be replaced?

I have a parts list that shows an exploded view of the pump and motor parts and lists the part numbers. It appears that the seals are available at your site. I have tools and am pretty sure I could disassemble the thing but putting it all back together might be another story. What would you advise?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Appliance Ninja  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2013 9:33:52 AM(UTC)
Appliance Ninja

There is a seal kit for this unit. However, it may not leak. I would first dump about 1 gallon of water into the bottom of the tub along with about 1 cup of vegetable oil and allow that to sit for about an hour, carefully observing for leaks. If none are found, start a cycle and see what happens. The oil will penetrate the seals and help rejuvenate them if not too far deteriorated. The oil will be washed free during the cycle, so you won't have any residue left inside. I would try that before replacing any parts.
Gary Richardson  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2013 10:50:47 AM(UTC)
Gary Richardson

Originally Posted by: Appliance Ninja Go to Quoted Post
There is a seal kit for this unit. However, it may not leak. I would first dump about 1 gallon of water into the bottom of the tub along with about 1 cup of vegetable oil and allow that to sit for about an hour, carefully observing for leaks. If none are found, start a cycle and see what happens. The oil will penetrate the seals and help rejuvenate them if not too far deteriorated. The oil will be washed free during the cycle, so you won't have any residue left inside. I would try that before replacing any parts.

That sounds like an excellent idea. Many thanks.
Appliance Ninja  
#4 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2013 10:55:04 AM(UTC)
Appliance Ninja

You are very welcome, let me know the outcome!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply