Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
arobint  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2013 5:42:34 AM(UTC)
arobint

Groups: Registered

There are currently 5 lights blinking on my dishwasher. If i turn the breaker off and on, the 'cancel drain' red light comes on, and it tries to drain. Then it stops, and all lights go off. If I then press start, the 'normal wash' green light starts blinking. If I try to press any other buttons, the light above the button starts flashing, including 'delay', 'cancel', 'normal wash', 'pots pans' and 'delay' (the '2' button above the delay flashes). So then there are 5 buttons flashing, and nothing else will happen, no matter what I hit, until I reset the breaker.

I don't have the kick panel on the washer, and have no idea where it is.

Any thoughts?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Appliance Ninja  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2013 6:58:30 AM(UTC)
Appliance Ninja

Your touch panel is experiencing a failure. You may need to replace the control panel but there is a trick you can try first. Turn the power off to the appliance. Use a hair dryer to heat the panel up until very warm while rubbing firmly over the buttons. Often times, this will restore operation. Be sure to get the panel very warm but not hot enough to damage the plastic. If this does not work, the panel will likely need to be replaced. Let me know what happens and I can get you the correct part information.
arobint  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2013 5:00:51 AM(UTC)
arobint

Thanks for the info. I tried heating it up and rubbing the buttons, but the result is the same. I even took the panel out and let it dry on the heat register all night. It was quite dry to begin with though.

AS to the problem, I still wonder if it has something to do with draining improperly - when I flip the breaker, the dishwasher tries to drain and stops quite quickly, and then the trouble begins. Could it be that the drain is blocked or something? Could the drain pump have an issue? The inside of the washer is dry, so probably not.

If it is the touch pad, is there a way to determine if the control panel is FUBAR as well? I can stomach replacing the touchpad ($133), but if its the control panel as well, I wonder how much I should put into this thing before buying a new one. Are there other common problems with kenmores that are just going to crop up once I fix this?

Thanks for the info!!!
Appliance Ninja  
#4 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2013 6:30:07 AM(UTC)
Appliance Ninja

The fact that it drains immediately after closing the door without pressing the cancel button leads me to believe that the cancel key may be shorted, which would explain why it shuts off right away, too. I doubt the electronic control has any issues. I would recommend replacing the touch panel.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply