Discuss

Loose screws found in Frigidaire dishwasher drain

in

Dishwasher Repair

. "

Hi everybody this is my first post so thank you for any help that you can provide I recently had

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Dishwasher Repair » Loose screws found in Frigidaire dishwasher drain

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-22-2013, 07:39 AM

Jspirritano is on a distinguished road
Default Loose screws found in Frigidaire dishwasher drain
Brand: Frigidaire   Age: 1 - 5 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

Hi everybody this is my first post so thank you for any help that you can provide I recently had issues with cloudiness and spotting on my dishes on my dishwasher so I decided to do some maintenance on it. I opened it all up decided to clean out the drain and everything make sure everything was okay and when I pulled everything out I noticed 2 loose screws in the bottom of the dishwasher underneath the mesh screen, just sitting at the very bottom beginning to cause rust. Does anybody have any clue where the screws could have come from? and is there any way that they may actually have come from my disposal, and worked their way back through the drain and into the dishwasher, the only reason I'm wondering this is because my disposal also just started making some clunky rattling noises. I did remove the screws and clean up everything in the dishwasher and it still creating cloudiness on the dishes so my problem has not been resolved.

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 10-24-2013, 03:02 AM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

denman is a glorious beacon of light

A model number may help others help you.
Or at least you should be able to look at a parts breakdown and perhaps see where the screws came from.
Find your model number - AppliancePartsPros.com

just sitting at the very bottom beginning to cause rust. Does anybody have any clue where the screws could have come from?
I cannot say where they came from but since they were rusting I doubt they are from inside the dishwasher.

is there any way that they may actually have come from my disposal, and worked their way back through the drain and into the dishwasher,
Again I cannot say but I doubt it. It depends how your disposal is hooked up.
Usually the drain hose is looped up higher that the drain entrance at the disposal so the screws would of had to travel up hill.

it still creating cloudiness on the dishes so my problem has not been resolved.
Is the rinse aid operating?