Appliance Repair Forum

Appliance Repair Forum (
-   Dishwasher Repair (
-   -   Upper wash and rinse arm - Is a part missing? (

hkeiner 08-31-2013 10:36 AM

Upper wash and rinse arm - Is a part missing?
1 Attachment(s)
I am troubleshooting why my wife's dishwasher because it does not clean and rinse very well. Among other things, I removed the upper wash and rinse arm assembly to clear out any clogs in the passageways and noticed that the vertical part of the rinse arm assembly has an opening on the left side. The area around the opening looks like there should be something attached (clipped) over this opening but there is not. The parts diagram does not seem to show if there should be a plug over this opening or not (see attached).

Is this the way it should be or is a part missing? Further, if no plug or part is missing, what is the purpose of this opening? Is it an air inlet for the tube going to the pump?

Thanks in advance for any info on this.

HumboldtRepairMan 08-31-2013 02:00 PM

That individual part doesn't look available even on the sears site also. Contact the manufacture see if they can help you. If not just order the new fill tube and it should have aftermarket changes if that hole isn't designed for your specific model type or should have cap.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17