Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Smithinmontana  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 5:56:33 AM(UTC)
Smithinmontana

Groups: Registered

The touchpad on my GE Cafe dishwasher has stopped working. I believe that this may be the result of a recent electrical storm. Although the Selectons and the Heated Dry lights illuminate, when pressed, they will not respond. When the Start/Reset button is pressed, nothing happens. I have turned off the power to the dishwasher on the electrical panel in order to reboot the appliance, but still the control panel does not respond. Do I replace the touchpad or is the problem in the control board?

Thanks,

Mike
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

HumboldtRepairMan  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 6:34:13 AM(UTC)
HumboldtRepairMan

Clarify your answer better. Do all buttons work on your touchpad or not or partial?
Smithinmontana  
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 7:24:26 AM(UTC)
Smithinmontana

Originally Posted by: HumboldtRepairMan Go to Quoted Post
Clarify your answer better. Do all buttons work on your touchpad or not or partial?

Thanks very much for your reply. Two of the buttons on the touch pad are illuminated, but depressing these or any of the buttons does absolutely nothing and touching the start/reset button also does nothing.
HumboldtRepairMan  
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 9:06:26 AM(UTC)
HumboldtRepairMan

I'd suspect the touchpad is bad or check the door switches there should be 2 for continuity. Some buttons won't work on some keypads because certain cycles won't let you do certain features. Read your manual to figure that out. If door switches test good and your manual says the features your pressing are compatible with other features then i'd suspect the keypad. But since the fact the keypad and main control work in pairs it's not a guarentee so you may have to replace both but i'd start with keypad first.
Smithinmontana  
#5 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 1:01:37 PM(UTC)
Smithinmontana

Originally Posted by: HumboldtRepairMan Go to Quoted Post
I'd suspect the touchpad is bad or check the door switches there should be 2 for continuity. Some buttons won't work on some keypads because certain cycles won't let you do certain features. Read your manual to figure that out. If door switches test good and your manual says the features your pressing are compatible with other features then i'd suspect the keypad. But since the fact the keypad and main control work in pairs it's not a guarentee so you may have to replace both but i'd start with keypad first.

Thanks again for the advice. I decided to check the cable connection for the touchpad to the main control module and unplugged it and then plugged it in again and reassembled and found that it now works!! Yeah!

All the best,

Mike
HumboldtRepairMan  
#6 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 1:05:39 PM(UTC)
HumboldtRepairMan

Right on i like to hear that result it doesn't happen to often, glad you figured it out.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply