Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cambrosn  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 6:41:46 PM(UTC)
cambrosn

Groups: Registered

After listening to my GE dishwasher rattle during the drain cycle for a few weeks, I decided to look into it. I guess I neglected the machine for a while because the drain was about 75% clogged and I use a bunch of Q-Tips cleaning out the crevasses inside the dishwasher.

At first I thought it was the drain pump starving itself due to the clogged drain, but after cleaning it, the sound remains. It's a fairly loud rattle (like something is loose) when it's between cycles and draining. Otherwise, it's nothing a whole lot more than you'd expect from a 2-1/2 year old budget dishwasher.

After doing a little research, I think it may be a rattling impeller (#430) or rattle in the pump drain assembly (#325). Any ideas?

Thanks,
Chris
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.