Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
altworld  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2013 4:35:16 AM(UTC)
altworld

Groups: Registered

Hello, Pretty generic question. Dishwasher is not heating/drying. Have plenty of dry agent and hot water is set to 135. Didn't have a tester, so replaced in this order; heating element, hi-limit thermostat, and thermistor one at a time. None of them solved the problem, but after I installed thermistor, about an hour after the cycle ended, I smelled something burning and there was a sizzling noise and smell from the electrical box on the dishwasher. I cut the power. So here's my question, all of these parts have two seemingly identical terminals that each connect to two leads; does it matter which lead is connected to which terminal? (Of course using the same two leads that were connected to the same old part). If so, how do you tell which lead to which terminal? It's the only thing I can think of other than my control board being bad. Thinking time for a new dishwasher, but wanted to ask this first. Thanks - Mike
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 3:27:25 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Polarity does not matter on the parts you list.

[COLOR="Blue"]I smelled something burning and there was a sizzling noise and smell from the electrical box on the dishwasher.[/COLOR]
If by electrical box you mean where house power connects to the dishwasher then you may have be a problem with one of the connectors. It is not unheard of for a wire nut connection to go bad.

Also see the attached with info about the heater staying on.

I could not find info on how long the heater should stay on after the last rinse.

The above are just a shot at a last ditch attempt to repair the unit.
File Attachment(s):
Heater Stay On.pdf (82kb) downloaded 2 time(s).
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
altworld  
#3 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 7:35:54 AM(UTC)
altworld

Thanks for your reply. I didn't think polarity mattered in those parts as it is just completing the circuit, but I just wanted a pro to verify that for me, as I had run out of other ideas. The polarity of the house current to the machine is OK, as it has operated correctly these past 12 years. I will look at the wire nut connections, but I do think it's a goner. Mike
chatagiadia  
#4 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 3:32:51 PM(UTC)
chatagiadia

Hello

I've recently discovered
fantastic
kreatyna
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply