Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
olobay  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2013 5:42:10 PM(UTC)
olobay

Groups: Registered

Hi,

I am having an inconsistent draining issue with my portable GE Dishwasher. I have removed the spray arm and basket covering the drain and I cleaned all the gunk and residue from there. I have poured baking soda and vinegar and waited. The dishwasher drained properly after each "repair" but it doesn't drain properly all the time. It seems that every other time, it does not drain. It's about 18 months old and should not be having issues yet. Does anybody have any idea?

Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

HumboldtRepairMan  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2013 5:58:37 PM(UTC)
HumboldtRepairMan

Check to make sure you have 120v to the drain pump when its activated by hitting the cancel/drain button........if you have 120v all the time everytime no matter if the pump turns on it's a faulty drain pump.............if you don't have 120v all the time when it's supposed to be draining then it's probably a main board problem............Inspect the drain hose connection at drain pump make sure it's free of debris..........Disconnect the hose if you can and take it outside and attached a hose to it and see if there's any blockage in the hose itself...........if you don't then most likely it's an intermitent drain pump issue or main board issue...........
olobay  
#3 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2013 6:19:08 PM(UTC)
olobay

Thanks for the reply. What am I expecting when I press the cancel/drain button that the draining will cancel? And when I press the cancel/drain button again, is it supposed to resume? Not sure I understand the 120v solution.

Is there some sort of schematic that I can see how to remove the hose and where the drain pump is?
HumboldtRepairMan  
#4 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2013 6:24:23 PM(UTC)
HumboldtRepairMan

Your model number is missing numbers or is incorrect so i can't help you much for a breakdown..........Tech sheet should be under bottom panel or behind main door panel........just follow the drain hose there where it leads you and you'll find your connections that need testing just remove panels in the way......the bottom from panel should give you good access for testing.
olobay  
#5 Posted : Friday, August 2, 2013 6:49:06 PM(UTC)
olobay

The model number is GSC5511P00WW. The previous OO were the letter and not the number 00. It's a Canadian model.

I don't think it's a clog issue. I removed the hose connecting the drain pump to the drain hose and everything was clear. I ran some water through the hose but not much gunk came out, just a lot of clean, clear water. I found a tech sheet in the dishwasher that had a few component cycle through service modes. I did the 2 relating to the drain, the main pump and the drain solenoid. I don't know what I was supposed to check for. When I checked the main pump component, it sounded like the pump was working but there wasn't any water in the dishwasher so I'm not sure. And when I did the component check for the drain solenoid, it just made a loud click and then nothing happened.

My problem is strange because I hear the dishwasher draining during the load but sometimes the final drain, I am assuming it's after the rinse cycle, sometimes does not drain.
HumboldtRepairMan  
#6 Posted : Friday, August 2, 2013 7:06:40 PM(UTC)
HumboldtRepairMan

Sounds like an intermittent main control board issue from what your saying.
olobay  
#7 Posted : Friday, August 2, 2013 7:12:53 PM(UTC)
olobay

Is it time to call in a repair man?
HumboldtRepairMan  
#8 Posted : Saturday, August 3, 2013 6:58:59 AM(UTC)
HumboldtRepairMan

Yep with intermittent problems it's probably best to.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply