Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BVD  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2013 5:07:27 PM(UTC)
BVD

Groups: Registered

I have a GE Dishwasher, Model GHDA696P. The upper rack is very hard to pull out and push in. I'm ordering a new filter since it's full of calcium/lime build-up. I suspect that could be the case with the slide & rollers on the upper rack also. Do you have a suggestion on cleaning them, or is it better to just replace them? I don't have the same problem with the lower rack.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ircorva  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 21, 2015 6:27:18 PM(UTC)
ircorva

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: BVD Go to Quoted Post
I have a GE Dishwasher, Model GHDA696P. The upper rack is very hard to pull out and push in. I'm ordering a new filter since it's full of calcium/lime build-up. I suspect that could be the case with the slide & rollers on the upper rack also. Do you have a suggestion on cleaning them, or is it better to just replace them? I don't have the same problem with the lower rack.

Before you pay for parts & a service call:

I had the exact same problem with a GE dishwasher that's only a few years old. I wasn't at all happy that the top rack would bind badly coming out, and even worse going back in. I figured that the dishwasher was cheaply built and I'd be paying for a new track & rollers, not to mention the expensive service call.

The other day, I was cleaning up some of the stuff in the cupboard under the kitchen sink and found a several years old bottle of Dishwasher Magic that had worked its way to the back over time. It is meant to clean and sanitize the machine, and I bought it at an appliance store thinking that it might be a good idea one day.

In the interest of getting rid of one more thing under the sink, I put the bottle in the dishwasher and ran it on the "Sani" cycle, as per the directions.

The next day when I went to put some dishes in the machine, lo and behold, the top rack slid out and back in just like new. It hasn't stuck one time since, and the operation is back to being smooth as silk.

I don't know what gunk could build up in a tub that aleady washes everything clean every day, but the problem is gone for the cost of a few bucks! If not for Dishwasher Magic, I'd have probably spent over a hundred dollars and would have had the situation return eventually.

So- before you call a repairman about a sticky top rack, gamble the cost of a bottle of Dishwasher Magic. Do a search and look it up. It sure can't hurt, and maybe it will fix it.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply