Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
CPDG23  
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2013 7:24:29 PM(UTC)
CPDG23

Groups: Registered

This model is a timed fill, no flow meter. It does have the soil sensor. Solenoid works fine, float is clean underneath and operational, pump is free and clear, inlet water screen is clean, 1/2" valve at the main is wide open, I pulled the rubber flapper and it appears fine, no obstructions holding it open, and when it fills it fills fine, "when it fills" being the key words here :mad:....

Here's the issue:

Just recently I noticed our dishes were not getting cleaned. I went through the unit and cleaned the screens, chopper, etc... thinking that was part of the issue, dirty but not excessive. This didn't help what so ever.

I noticed that during a "normal cycle" setting (the setting we almost use exclusively) the pump sounded strange right after the detergent release and when I opened the door I found the sump empty, bone dry. Now, according to the cycle operation chart for this unit it is not supposed to drain until well into the cycle, so I shouldn't be losing water to the drain and refilling (or should I?). Basically it will lose water and not refill for the 20min wash cycle. I will find a partially broken up detergent pack sitting on the bottom of the washer 9 times out of 10.

This said, it will work once in a while, this is an intermittent problem. I will more less have to start the cycle and listen for the sound of flowing water, if I don't hear it I have to fill the sump manually using a pitcher of water, then it works fine.

I have all the tools to diagnose this issue, meter, tools, etc.. I am a HVAC tech by trade with 20yrs on the job, I just need you guys to point me in the right direction here. I can post any pictures or video you need to assist in diagnosing this problem, just let me know what you need.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. :)

I have included a pic of the cycle chart with a note of where I am losing water.

UserPostedImage
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.