Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
canman  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2008 8:44:15 AM(UTC)
canman

Groups: Registered

[FONT='Trebuchet MS']I have a Kenmore Elite dishwasher model# [/FONT][FONT='Trebuchet MS']665.1591[/FONT][FONT='Trebuchet MS']2001; I believe it’s really made by Whirlpool. When trying to start the dishwasher nothing happens, no LED’s blinking or anything else. I've verified the machine has AC power. I replaced the electronic control board (part #8194200) and the heater assembly as a pair, but it did not resolve the problem. The thermistor reads about 61K ohms at room temperature and about 12K ohms when pouring hot water into the tub. The continuity of the thermal fuse ([/FONT][FONT='Trebuchet MS']TCO[/FONT][FONT='Trebuchet MS']) reads 0.2 ohms. Also when checked with a DMM, the overfill and door switches operate correctly. Diagnostics will run and all LED's on the front panel will illuminate upon the start of diagnostics. The dishwasher appears to fill, cycle, wash, and pump correctly while in diagnostics. However, the dual digit LED display doesn’t show the cycle numbers (88, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5…1) correctly while sequencing through the diagnostics as illustrated in the cycle time chart. When starting diagnostics the digital display shows 88 but afterwards random segments of the 7 segment LED’s illuminate during the different cycles with no resemblance of real numbers. I timed a complete diagnostic run at approximately [/FONT][FONT='Trebuchet MS']3:37[/FONT][FONT='Trebuchet MS'] which matches the service technician’s documentation ([/FONT][FONT='Trebuchet MS']3:34[/FONT][FONT='Trebuchet MS']). On the front panel the only switches that seem to work are Hi Temp Scrub, Sani Rinse and Air Dry; at least when these switches are depressed the corresponding LED indicators illuminate. All the other switches seem inoperative. I’m thinking the front panel (part #8269611 with insert and overlay) might be defective but I have no good way to verify it and the part is pretty expensive ~$120 to replace in a 6 year old washer. Also, I didn’t think the front panel normally goes bad. Any help is appreciated. [/FONT]
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.