Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Covenant29204  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2013 6:04:16 AM(UTC)
Covenant29204

Groups: Registered

The dishwasher works perfectly when I pour in 1.5 gallons of water at the start of the wash cycle and again at the rinse cycle. When I don't add the water there is a dribble of water and the arms do not spin at all. I've had this washer 5 years. Its been used 5 or 6 times each year. Is this something I can fix without pulling the unit out?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2013 7:02:20 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Parts for Frigidaire PLD4555RFC0 Dishwasher - AppliancePartsPros.com

The fill valve is item 3 in the Frame Parts section.

You should be able ti fix this without pulling the dishwasher.
I am assuming that the fill velve is the problem and the unit does not fill to the correct level but does let some water in.

The most common cause is a dirty screen filter on the input side of the fill valve. Remove the valve from the unit and clean/check the filter.
Do not permanently remove it from the valve as it is there to keep crud out of the valve which could hold it open and cause a flood.

If it still does not fill correctly I would replace the fill valve.

PS: Be sure to shut off the power and the water supply to the unit. Have paper towels etc. handy to wipe up any spilled water. Get a small pan/bowl etc. that will fit under the valve then loosen the input water line let it drip into the container emptying it as necessary. This will minimize the amount of water spilled.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Covenant29204  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2013 5:34:49 AM(UTC)
Covenant29204

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: denman Go to Quoted Post
Here are your parts
Parts for Frigidaire PLD4555RFC0 Dishwasher - AppliancePartsPros.com

The fill valve is item 3 in the Frame Parts section.

You should be able ti fix this without pulling the dishwasher.
I am assuming that the fill velve is the problem and the unit does not fill to the correct level but does let some water in.

The most common cause is a dirty screen filter on the input side of the fill valve. Remove the valve from the unit and clean/check the filter.
Do not permanently remove it from the valve as it is there to keep crud out of the valve which could hold it open and cause a flood.

If it still does not fill correctly I would replace the fill valve.

PS: Be sure to shut off the power and the water supply to the unit. Have paper towels etc. handy to wipe up any spilled water. Get a small pan/bowl etc. that will fit under the valve then loosen the input water line let it drip into the container emptying it as necessary. This will minimize the amount of water spilled.

Thanks for the help. I had to pull the washer out from the wall about half way to get to the fill valve. Removed, cleaned and reconnected the valve. Still little water to the tub. The problem was a section of galvanized pipe in the supply line had a blockage. Replaced the galvanized pipe. Problem solved.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply