Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
GlennFord  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2013 1:03:22 PM(UTC)
GlennFord

Groups: Registered

I believe my motor on my Kenmore dishwasher is bad. It will hum for only a few seconds and then cut off. The Timer seems OK. I need detailed instructions with pictures to pull it out. Can anyone provide a link to the Kenmore Service Manual for this DW ( #15708 - Ultra Wash: 665.15701891).

Thanks very much,

Glenn
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2013 2:43:51 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Glenn,

I would recommend to replace the whole pump & motor assembly instead of replacing just the motor. If you will replace the motor then you have to order and install the impeller kit too. You also will need the special tool to install the seal included in the impeller kit. These two parts and the tool will cost you $177.69 and you"ll have to completely disassemble the pump. On the other side the new pump and motor assembly will cost you just $158.29 and it will make the repair much more reliable and easier.

Remove both dish racks. Unscrew the nut secure the lower spray arm and remove the spray arm. Remove the water feeding tube which is connected to the pump outlet and secure to the back of the tub.

Remove the toe panel and disconnect the wiring harness from the motor harness plug. Remove the drain hose and clamp from the check valve and unscrew the check valve from the pump. A small container will be required to catch water from the drain hose after removal.

The operating thermostat is secured to the bottom of the pump housing. Disconnect the two wiring harness leads from the terminals on the thermostat.

Four rubber clamps secure the pump and motor assembly to the tub. Rotate these inward 90°. Remove the weight & shaft using an open-end wrench to loosen the shaft from the motor. It should be later installed on the new motor.

Remove the pump and motor assembly by pulling up through the inside of the tub.

Remove the operating thermostat from the old pump and install it on the new one.

Assemble the dishwasher in the reversed order. Use a bit of a liquid dish soap to lubricate the pump gasket.

- The pump and motor assembly Part number: W10428773
Part number: W10428773

Just to show you the difference in prices:

- The motor Part number: 3377333
Part number: 3377333

- The impeller kit Part number: 675806
Part number: 675806

- The pump housing tool Part number: 303918
Part number: 303918

Gene.
GlennFord  
#3 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2013 4:29:33 PM(UTC)
GlennFord

Gene:

Thanks very much for your informative reply - very helpful.

I was wondering if there may be available a Kenmore service manual on line for this DW as I have seen for other DWs?

Thanks again, I will keep you posted.

Glenn
GlennFord  
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2013 8:41:11 AM(UTC)
GlennFord

Gene:

I have installed a used pump and motor. I rotated the timer through various cycles while the DW was on the bench with temporary wiring and the motor responded and I believe it is working OK.

One important question. What is holding the motor to the bottom of the DW? It just drops into the hole, but it is not fastened down in any matter that I can see. It just sits in place?

Also, one other important question - my motor has a small 1/4 tube extending down from the pump on the left hand side of the motor label. What is this tube for? I plugged it up. Is it for ventilation or water flow?

I realize you are very busy, but any response today would be much appreciated.

Glenn
Gene  
#5 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 3:13:51 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
...Four rubber clamps secure the pump and motor assembly to the tub. Rotate these inward 90°. Remove the weight & shaft using an open-end wrench to loosen the shaft from the motor. It should be later installed on the new motor...

Hi Glenn,

You probably missed this part of my previous post.

Gene.
GlennFord  
#6 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 3:41:29 PM(UTC)
GlennFord

Gene:

Yes, I did move the white rubber tabs 90 degrees. But, the tabs are not used to secure the motor & pump assembly to the tub only the motor to the pump assembly. The motor and pump assembly could have been removed from the tub without moving the tabs.

Also, one other important question - my motor has a small 1/4 tube extending down from the pump on the left hand side of the motor label. What is this tube for? I plugged it up. Is it for ventilation or water flow?

Thanks for your help.

Glenn
Gene  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2013 1:15:58 PM(UTC)
Gene

Hi Glenn,

If you can post a pictures of the pump & motor assembly you were trying to install, it may help better.

Gene.
GlennFord  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2013 1:53:29 PM(UTC)
GlennFord

Gene:

I have attached a picture of the motor & pump assembly installed in the DW tub. I just do not see any contact by the tabs to the tub, only to the above pump. The DW is going through several test cycles and so far it has not leaked.

Also, notice the black tube in the background on the left side. It is between the left side white tab and the left side red terminal. It has a screw plugged into it. What is this tube for - drainage or ventilation?

Thanks again for all your help.

Glenn
GlennFord attached the following image(s):
DW pictures 001.jpg
Gene  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2013 6:47:47 PM(UTC)
Gene

Glenn,

There suppose to be the pump gasket which goes around the pump housing. It seals the space between the pump housing and the tub. Usually the pump has to be pressed down pretty hard during the installation. If this gasket is missing or installed improperly, the pump will sit much lower than it has to.

- The pump gasket Part number: 717000
Part number: 717000

What is the part number of this pump & motor assembly or, at least, the model number of the dishwasher you got it from?

Gene.
GlennFord  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2013 5:06:10 AM(UTC)
GlennFord

Gene:

Thanks for getting back to me. I did install the large gasket as shown in your above picture. Well, I guess the pump is seated OK, the DW is running and no leaks.

Can you please help me with the following from the previous post: "Also, notice the black tube in the background on the left side. It is between the left side white tab and the left side red terminal. It has a screw plugged into it. What is this tube for - drainage or ventilation?"

The motor number is the same as the one specified for my DW. But, the addition of the black tube as noted above was not present on my original motor & pump assembly. Not sure of the DW that the M&P came from.

Thanks,

Glenn
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply