Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
christopherv  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 11, 2013 6:53:40 PM(UTC)
christopherv

Groups: Registered

while trying to fix a squealing noise problem I removed the motor and found the plastic sleeve that slides on the shaft and looks like a upside down funnel ripped and torn. I was told that this part is unavailable and I would have to buy a new motor to get this 50cent part. Anyone know how to get this part? Also, can anyone tell me if this plastic sleeve is supposed to spin with the the motor shaft or is designed to stay fixed and the shaft spins inside it? Last question, if it is unavailable, what about a substitute part that will accomplish the same function or jury rigging another part? Thank you for your help, I'll need it to ensure my repairs stop the the noise and the new seals prevent leaks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2013 12:48:43 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hello,

I'm not sure which part did you mean. Can you refer to the diagram 04-Pump & Motor parts for Maytag DWU8912AAB - AppliancePartsPros.com please/

Gene.
christopherv  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 13, 2013 8:06:36 PM(UTC)
christopherv

The parts diagram does not show the motor shaft and plastic sleeve that fits on it that I'm talking about. I looked through many of the pages of parts and did not find it. It is thin plastic tube approx. .430" diameter and 1.5" long with a flair on the bottom. I believe it is designed to protect the motor so any leak will deflect off this flaired end onto the metal protective shield that sits atop the motor. If this part is not available, what alternative "sleeve" might you recommend?
Gene  
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2013 11:59:25 AM(UTC)
Gene

Are you sure you posted the correct model number?

Gene.
christopherv  
#5 Posted : Friday, March 15, 2013 2:13:41 PM(UTC)
christopherv

I understand the confusion many parts people are having over finding a part that is connected to the motor and not the dishwasher. Maybe another web forum might be better able to help me out that has a repairman who can identify the part and how to get it. Here is the model info again:

Maytag Dishwasher Jetclean Quiet plus (purchased 1996)
Model# DWU8912AAB
Serial# 10929715QF

Dishwasher Motor
Model#S62NXJKR-7560
P/N 6 904567
Gene  
#6 Posted : Friday, March 15, 2013 4:19:52 PM(UTC)
Gene

The part you mentioned is not shown on the parts diagram and/or parts list. That means Maytag does not sell it separate and the whole pump & motor assembly has to be replaced.

I wish someone else can help you better.

Gene.
lesliemorris85  
#7 Posted : Monday, March 18, 2013 10:18:35 PM(UTC)
lesliemorris85

He probably means the one on top of the Assy-Disc…
#8 Posted : Friday, September 10, 2021 4:58:24 PM(UTC)

United States

Here it is yr.2021 and im having the same exact problem with that plastic sleeve, wondered also if it stayed stationary or revolved with the motor shaft, on my 20year old maytag portable dishwasher model mdc5100awb.the cylinder part of the sleeve broke off so im using a thin wall brass tube with same o/s dia.drill out the plastic funnel hole so tube fits inside it snugly,it's 1in.long,epoxyed a 1/4" thick rubber grommet in the seal hole in basin, center hole in grommet is sized to fit the brass tube diam. snugly. This new jig will be stationary.greased it up and will try it out next day, (dont know yet if it will work or not sorry). Original Plastic sleeve not sold separately.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply