Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MSA959  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2008 6:53:49 PM(UTC)
MSA959

Groups: Registered

My Kitchenaid dishwasher is experiencing pretty major leaks from what seems like the front left corner of the door. The water is at the correct level, unit is level and the leaks do not start until the wash cycle vs the initial rinse cycle. There does seem to be good washing action inside the unit and I can hear a good amount of water hitting the inside of the front door. I checked to see if a pot or pan was causing misdirection of the spray but even when empty, it leaks. I should probably replace the outer door gasket seal anyway but the leak (flood) just started out of the blue vs getting worse over time. It would leak badly once, then not leak for a few days and then leak badly again.

I think the upper washarm is functioning properly but it is hard to tell. I would appreciate any advice
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2008 1:23:13 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
The first thing I would check at time of the water leak is how much suds are inside the dishwasher.

Regular automated dishwasher soap does not create any suds which could cause water leak through the door. Excessive amount of suds (and water leak as a result) could be created by a spilled or leaked out rinse aid or a wrong soap came into the dishwasher from the prerinsed dishes (if used).

The second thing I would check is the proper connection of the manifold tube (#6 on the upper wash parts) into the upper feed tube (#1 on the upper wash parts) and the hanger (#7 on the upper wash parts) being in place.

Here are the break down diagrams for the Kitchen Aid dishwasher Model KUDS01FLSS1

Gene.
MSA959  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2008 6:56:22 PM(UTC)
MSA959

Groups: Registered

Thank you- I will check the manifolds- Definately not a sudsing issue.

My wife used it again today and there were no leaks at all. Any chance at all that it is the door vent?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply