Discuss

Leaking under door & not draining fully

in

Dishwasher Repair

. "

Originally Posted by lr9147 Thanks for the help. The last part I have removed now is the rotor. The next

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Dishwasher Repair » Leaking under door & not draining fully

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-14-2013, 02:27 PM
Senior Expert

Joe / APP Team is on a distinguished road

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by lr9147 View Post
Thanks for the help. The last part I have removed now is the rotor. The next step are the motor seal parts. It looks like a yellow screw, not sure whaind of screw that is, I tried the torx. I am about half way to the drain baffle. Maybe if I get help with this screw, I will be much closer to the baffle. I hope im not being laughed at too much, but sometimes a girl has to ask questions, right? Thanks for any help.
Lr, You're doing fine. We're trying to avoid removing the pump assembly from the tub, but we may have to. Once you get that #15 torx screw backed out of the impeller, and slip the impeller off the shaft you're done, so you're actually more like 3/4 of the way. Try this, Insert to torx tip into the screw, tap the top of the handle with a small hammer or wrench, hold the impeller with one hand and turn the screw with the other, Sometimes the "tap" breaks the screw loose from the threads and you can remove it.

Joe M. APP TEAM

Find Appliance Parts at AppliancePartsPros.com - Largest inventory in the U.S. with 91% of all in-stock orders delivered within 2 business days. Thousands of photos and diagrams make it very easy to find the right part. Enter your appliance model here.
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 03-14-2013, 03:55 PM

lr9147 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

I can't get the screw to budge even after tapping. I'll keep at it for awhile longer. Then get back at it tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe / APP Team View Post
Lr, You're doing fine. We're trying to avoid removing the pump assembly from the tub, but we may have to. Once you get that #15 torx screw backed out of the impeller, and slip the impeller off the shaft you're done, so you're actually more like 3/4 of the way. Try this, Insert to torx tip into the screw, tap the top of the handle with a small hammer or wrench, hold the impeller with one hand and turn the screw with the other, Sometimes the "tap" breaks the screw loose from the threads and you can remove it.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:24 PM

I hope I am not too confusing. You do know that the screw I am talking about has a plastic or rubber top? The torx doesn't feel like it is getting hold of anything when I try to turn the screw.

Quote:
I can't get the screw to budge even after tapping. I'll keep at it for awhile longer. Then get back at it tomorrow
Old 03-15-2013, 06:40 AM
Senior Expert

Quote:
I hope I am not too confusing. You do know that the screw I am talking about has a plastic or rubber top? The torx doesn't feel like it is getting hold of anything when I try to turn the screw.
Lr, Stop... We're working in two different areas. Sounds like you're trying to remove the lower spray arm nut ???

Part number: AP4113393

Part number: AP4113393

The impeller screw

Part number: AP4113595

Part number: AP4113595

Has a rubber seal under it and it can make things difficult, but nothing like you're describing.

Tell you what, repost with an e mail address, and we can send you more information that will make things easier.

Thanks,

Joe M. APP TEAM

Find Appliance Parts at AppliancePartsPros.com - Largest inventory in the U.S. with 91% of all in-stock orders delivered within 2 business days. Thousands of photos and diagrams make it very easy to find the right part. Enter your appliance model here.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:26 AM

I am at the Motor Seal kit, part # AP4365097.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:16 AM

Joe,

Thanks so much for all your help, patience and encouragement. I finally got everything back together. It was quite a job, but well worth it for me, not only did I save a lot of money, which is very important to me, but I also learned a lot in the process, thanks to you. After giving my dishwasher & parts a good cleaning from the hard water/detergent residue, I just got it all back together & did a test run and it's not leaking now!! I'm still not sure what caused the leak, I saw nothing obvious, but its not leaking! Hopefully it will stay this way.

You guys at Appliance Parts Pros are awesome, what a service! I have used you once before for my clothes dryer with good results also. I will & have highly recommended you.

Last edited by lr9147 : 03-20-2013 at 10:18 AM. Reason: fixing typo
Old 03-20-2013, 11:03 AM
Senior Expert

Quote:
Joe,

Thanks so much for all your help, patience and encouragement. I finally got everything back together. It was quite a job, but well worth it for me, not only did I save a lot of money, which is very important to me, but I also learned a lot in the process, thanks to you. After giving my dishwasher & parts a good cleaning from the hard water/detergent residue, I just got it all back together & did a test run and it's not leaking now!! I'm still not sure what caused the leak, I saw nothing obvious, but its not leaking! Hopefully it will stay this way.

You guys at Appliance Parts Pros are awesome, what a service! I have used you once before for my clothes dryer with good results also. I will & have highly recommended you.
Lr,

Thanks for the update, We're glad you stuck with it .

Thanks Again

Joe M. APP TEAM

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.