Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
diablobob  
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 1:48:01 PM(UTC)
diablobob

Groups: Registered

Problem: Low water pressure coming out of circ. pump. Little sad spout of water comes straight up, then the little ball rolls back and blocks the upward spout and no water comes out of top tube, since the pressure is so low. I've run the diagnostics on the control panel and the pump motor appears to spin at the rpms it is asked to do (4 levels in the diagnostic test). Impeller looks like new. No binding anywhere. Stumped.

Unless...the motor decided to spin backwards. Hence my question...what is the right direct?

Looking down at the motor assembly from the impeller end, what is the correct spin direction? Clockwise or counter? ie, should the impeller spin with the scoops facing the direction of rotation, or the other way?

Mine is spinning counter clockwise, or with the scoops on the impeller "dragging" instead of "pushing" water.

final Q: If my pump is spinning backwards, Why? and what can I do about it?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 1:34:34 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hello,

How much water is in the dishwasher during the wash cycle?

Quote:

... I've run the diagnostics on the control panel and the pump motor appears to spin at the rpms it is asked to do...

What was the number of RPM?

CCW is the correct direction for the motor.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Parts for Frigidaire PLD4375RFC2 Dishwasher - AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
diablobob  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 1:44:47 PM(UTC)
diablobob

Groups: Registered

Thanks, Gene. I filled the tub up to the bottom of the overflow float. RPM indicator was "34" (3400?). That's what the sheet said it should show.

I've determined that mine is spinning the right direction. So...how can the motor be "at speed" but the impeller not driving enough water? I'm stumped.
Gene  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 12:32:48 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
This model dishwasher use a variable speed DC motor. The speed of the motor is determined by the electronic control based on the cycle selected. The control continually monitors motor speed with input from a Hall Effect sensor mounted to the rear of the wash motor. Input voltage for operating the motor will be 120 VAC with the motor changing this to VDC with a build-in rectifier.

Because of the test result shown the correct RPM I would suggest to replace the motor. It could be the impeller slipping on the motor shaft or a problem with the Hall Effect sensor.

- The motor kit Part number: 154844101
Part number: 154844101

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply