Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bbdtd  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 5:55:10 PM(UTC)
bbdtd

Groups: Registered

Having trouble with my dishwasher. From time to time it stops and does not compelte a cylce and the green light blinks. This problem occures intermittently. T[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']he machine quits and the green light starts blinking. This action may happen early or middle or late in the cycle. Sometimes we just open the door and find that it is apparently in the final action—there is heat as would appear in the drying mode, the dishes are dry or almost, so we just put the dishes up. Sometimes it happens before the soap is dispensed—very early in the cycle. The motor control board has been replace and most recently I have replaced the keypad neither of which corrected the problem.. What should I do next to figure out the problem? Thanks for the help! [/FONT]
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2013 4:46:31 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: bbdtd Go to Quoted Post
...the green light blinks...

Hello,

Is it Clean light?

Gene.
bbdtd  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2013 6:36:53 PM(UTC)
bbdtd

Yes it is the clean light blinking. Thanks for the reply.
Gene  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2013 3:32:37 PM(UTC)
Gene

The Clean light blinking rapidly means that the control senses a problem in the heating circuit.

The heating circuit consists of 2 parts which should be checked for continuity. They are: the heater and the hi-limit thermostat (under the dishwasher). If both parts are good, replace the control board.

- The hi-limit thermostat Part number: 661566
Part number: 661566

- The heater Part number: W10082892
Part number: W10082892

- The control board Part number: W10285178
Part number: W10285178

Gene.
P.S. The correct model number for your dishwasher is 665.13122K703
bbdtd  
#5 Posted : Friday, March 8, 2013 8:16:47 AM(UTC)
bbdtd

I replaced the heating element the thermostat and the control board yesterday - unit did not complete cylce on first attempt. Problem still exist - I say nothing unusual when I took out the dishwasher to change the heating element. On the control boar there is a thermal fuse that does not come with the control board - could that be the problem? Thanks for the help
Gene  
#6 Posted : Friday, March 8, 2013 1:58:05 PM(UTC)
Gene

You have to use the old thermal fuse. If the fuse is open, then the dishwasher will do nothing.

Check the wires between the thermostat, heater and control board. Especially check the wires at the bottom edge of the door.

Gene.
KaktusJaque  
#7 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2013 6:32:35 PM(UTC)
KaktusJaque

Hello, I am also having this problem. I tested the element, It has continuity and my meter shows 10.6 ohms. I just tested the tstat and it has continuity but no resistance or .2 ohms which is the same reading I get when I touch the two leads together, is the thermostat bad? I hope so, $19 bucks is a lot better than $100 for the Circuit board.
bbdtd  
#8 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2013 4:16:14 AM(UTC)
bbdtd

I wish I knew what the problem is. To date I have changed the keypad, circuit board, thermostat and heating element and the intermittent problem still exist. My next step is to "Check the wires between the thermostat, heater and control board. Especially check the wires at the bottom edge of the door." This repair has been more than a quest. If you figure yours out please post back and let me know. Thanks
bbdtd  
#9 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2013 4:18:24 AM(UTC)
bbdtd

I removed the front cover to check the wires and checked from control board to bottom of door. I did not pull unit out to check the wires from heating element or thermostat - both had looked fine when I changed out those parts. The unit still intermittently does not complete cycle with blinking lights. Anyone with any other suggestions please let me know. Thanks
Gene  
#10 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2013 2:04:24 PM(UTC)
Gene

Is the Clean light blinking 7 times in a row, stops and blinking again?

Is any other light blinking too?

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply