Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Beldar7  
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 5:18:52 AM(UTC)
Beldar7

Groups: Registered

My dishwasher will fill, but when it gets to the point where the motor should start there is just a humming noise. I ran the automatic test, which indicated that the motor had a high current condition. I replace the pump motor with a new one and the motor still will not start.

Include with the pump motor was a start mode relay, part number 6 904967. This is a three terminal device with a large copper coil. I don't think my dishwasher model uses this relay. Does this sound right?

On the main control board there are two circuits where there is current routed though a relay and a triac. From the schematic it appears that the relays are used to switch the current on and the triacs are used for interlock circuits toed in to the door switch and the thermistor that is mounted near the pump motor. I had to replace the main control board a few years ago due to a blown capacitor, and I am considering transferring the relays and triacs from the old board to the new. Does my assessment that the switching of the pump motor current is on the main control board sound correct?

Thanks,

Beldar7
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.