Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
noodletoad  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2013 5:12:28 PM(UTC)
noodletoad

Groups: Registered

Our diswasher *clean light* is blinking continuously and the machine won't run a full wash cycle.

This is what we have tried:
1) Unplugged the machine for over 10 minutes and plugged it back.

2) Checked to see if any build-up could be blocking the machine... no gunk build-up detected.

3) Run several diagnostics by pressing the *Heated Dry* button and alternating with the *Normal Wash* twice, and then let it do its thing.

4) Tried to run a normal wash cycle after the diagnostic (did this several times). The dishwasher runs for a while (maybe 20 min or so), then simply stops and starts blinking the *clean* light again. When I open the dishwasher, there is some hot steam that comes out, so I think the heating element is working fine -- the machine is simply not completing the full wash-rinse cycle (don't know if it ever gets to the DRY cycle or if the dishes simply dry from the heat of the hot water wash... I think it's the latter)

5) Replaced the control board inside. No change.

6) Run another set of diagnostics, this time pressing the *Heated Dry* - *Hi Temp Wash* - *Heated Dry* - *Hi Temp Wash* and let the machine do its thing. Clean light STOPPED blinking.

7) Tried running some cycles: *Normal Wash* and even a *Quick Rinse* cycles, but they both gave the same result, namely an aborted wash cycle, followed by a blinking *clean light* signal.

Obviously, it wasn't the control board (and I think the heating element must work since the machine is hot inside when it stops). I hesitate to just replace the touch pad unnecessarily. Could it be a fuse or sensor? Unfortunately, I have not found the manual on line, either. Any thoughts or assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.