Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
brazilianldsjaguar  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 2, 2013 2:04:09 PM(UTC)
brazilianldsjaguar

Groups: Registered

I've got a GE Nautilus dishwasher. It's leaking from two places. The first place (labeled 1 in the first photo) I've found out could be the pump seal. I understand there are kits for replacing this (with varying degrees of difficulty, depending on mechanical skill, time, and patience). I want a confirmation if that really is the likely culprit.

What worries me more is the second place where it's leaking, labeled 2 in the photo. Is that part of the pump? Is it the same seal? Is it something completely different? I don't know dishwasher vocabulary, so I'm at a loss here. Any ideas?

The second photo is a close up.

First Photo:
UserPostedImage

Second photo:
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2013 12:40:04 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hello,

The leak spot #1 is definitely a bad pump seal while the spot #2 most likely is a bad pump drain shaft seal.

Repair of the pump seal leak is pretty simple and reliable. Replacement of the pump drain shaft seal looks simple too but such repair is absolutely not reliable. In such situation, with both seals leaking, I would recommend to replace the whole pump & motor assembly. It comes with the installation instructions.

- The pump & motor assembly Part number: WD26X10013
Part number: WD26X10013

Gene.
brazilianldsjaguar  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2013 7:18:43 PM(UTC)
brazilianldsjaguar

Groups: Registered

Thanks Gene for your response!

Unfortunately that was exactly the answer I was expecting, but the one I least wanted! The price comparison between the pump seal and pump drain versus the entire pump and motor assembly is quite staggering! Honestly, I might be able to get a new (ahem, "new") dishwasher from craigslist at a lower price.

Of course, that may be my problem in the first place (as that's where I obtained this one!)

Thanks again, the insight has really shed some light as to why the dishwasher was leaking! As to why it started? Well, I put some drain-o in there a while back to see if it would unclog what I thought was a clogged hose... turned out it was the motor that needed a kick start. Could the Drain-O have had an affect on the seals?

Just looking to understand what happened, in hindsight.

Thanks again!
Gene  
#4 Posted : Friday, January 4, 2013 2:33:28 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I'll never use Drain-O for dishwasher because it's a poison. I'll never buy a dishwasher from Craigslist because I don't know who and how used it. Anything else but not a dishwasher. Think about your health. It's worth any money.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply