Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dbressey  
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 15, 2012 10:13:54 AM(UTC)
dbressey

Groups: Registered

This is a Frigidaire dishwasher made by Electrolux. It came with the house, so I have no idea how old it is. Am guessing about 5 years.

In the last couple of days, it started not resetting after a wash. It finishes washing, does a good job, then the lights indicating a cycle if finished turn on. Usually as soon as you open the door these lights turn off. Now they "cycle finished" lights stay on no matter what you do (I have played with the handle and latch to make sure they were not stuck). Because the dishwasher thinks it just finished, the control panel is locked and you cannot start a new cycle. If I cut off the power it resets, but I am having to do this after every cycle.

Last cycle, it also had a smell of burning electronics. It really seemed to be coming from the control panel, not from the dishwasher itself.

Any ideas? This is my first house, and I am just learning all this DIY stuff.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.